Friday, April 12, 2013

March Beginner Sewing Club projects

In March for Sewing Club, our projects were Easter-themed, although the kids were wondering why I hadn't chosen to do St. Patrick's Day projects!!  I had a good reason!!  Since Easter was so early this year, our April Sewing Club would meet AFTER Easter, and I couldn't pass up the chance to make these very cute projects for Easter.

We made little Easter eggs with a hidden pocket in the back for some candy.  We used this pattern that I found via Crafty Crow.  The original pattern was made using a sewing machine, but I think our hand-stitched versions turned out just fine!

We also made carrot treat bags using a pattern I also found via Crafty Crow.  You can see the original post HERE on Betz White's blog.  She made her pouches with a sewing machine, and I just adapted the construction to use all hand sewing.  I think these turned out SEW CUTE!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment