Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Beginner Sewing Club

This is a week late in posting as we met for February Sewing Club one week ago.  OOPS!

We made a couple of really cute projects and I was very happy with how the kids did.  For a Valentine's Day nod, we made little heart pouches.  I provided Starburst candies to tuck inside.  One little sewing clubber accurately observed that the heart "vomits" out the Starburst.  Yep, I have boys in Sewing Club this semester.  Four boys to be exact.........four silly second grade boys.  They are SO much louder than the girls.  It's quite amusing.   HERE is a link to the inspiration for the heart pouches.

We also made pillows.  We sewed them right sides together which baffled the minds of a few of them (my son included) who could not believe that we weren't doing it backwards!  Now they know that sewing right sides together allows the seam to be on the inside!!  To make these, I just traced around a plate to make two circles.  No need for a pattern for a project this simple.  They sure do love using stuffing though!  They were surprised when I kept having them put in more stuffing.  I like a nice plump pillow.  No wimpy pillows for this girl.

Here's a gallery of our creations:












No comments:

Post a Comment